Breakdown Assist Reviews
Who are Breakdown Assist?
Breakdown Assist have been operating since 2007 as an insurance intermediary, and started selling insurance to the general public from early 2011. Breakdown Assist is a trading style of QDOS Insurance who are authorised and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority
Breakdown Assist position themselves as a customer centric business. A Breakdown Cover provider are happy with the service and who then go on to recommending Breakdown Assist to friends and family. Due to their approachable nature – Breakdown Assist encourage customers to communicate with them direct be it via web or even over the phone. Feedback from customers has lead to a number of developments of their website.
Benefits of Breakdown Assist Breakdown Cover:
In a nutshell Breakdown Assist provide customers with a high quality product with a range of covers for a decent price.
If you’re ever in that unfortunate position of your vehicle breaking down, Breakdown Assist’s recovery specialist will aim to get your car fixed by the road. Breakdown Assist claim to to fix 80% of roadside call outs.
4 Levels of Cover from Breakdown Assist:
– Local Cover: This policy is the lowest cost option available to customers. Roadside Assistance is provided if you are anywhere in the UK however you must be a mile away from your home. Local Recovery – If Breakdown Assist’s specialist is unable to complete the roadside repair, they would recover your car and up to 7 occupants to a local garage/repairer, your destination or your original departure point. With this level of cover customers are limited to a maximum recovery distance of 20 miles.
– National Cover: This policy includes the benefits of Local cover. Cover includes Onward Travel. If the specialist is is unable to fix your car by the end of same working day -Breakdown Assist will either recover your vehicle, the driver and up to six passengers to your home or your original destination, arrange overnight accommodation (limits apply), or arrange a 24 hour car hire (up to 1600cc).There is also the option where if the lead driver cannon drive due to injury or illness and no one else is able/qualified to drive, Breakdown Assist will provide and pay for an emergency driver to finish the journey.
– Full UK Cover: This is level of cover is highest level UK policy, and includes Home Start protection. In the eventuality you’re about to travel from your home. This policy gives you the peace of mind that you are covered at home and within a mile from your property. Regardless where your car breakdowns in the UK, Breakdown Assist will be there to assist you. This cover also includes the benefits of Local and National Recovery.
-European Breakdown Cover: This level of cover includes all the above key features from Full UK Cover throughout 35 Countries in Europe, with some additional benefits. Breakdown Assist can provide you with an Annual policy that permits you to take as many trips into Europe during the the tenure of the policy. On the condition that the individual trips do not exceed 31 days and 90 days in total in the policy year. Single Trip policy, is an Alternative option. They can arrange cover for your holiday, excursion or journey to Europe lasting up to 90 days . Condition – Single Trip is available on vehicles up to 10 years old only. Vehicles up to 12 years old are eligible for Annual Cover.
We’ve tried to summarise the as much info as possible, should you need further information and details please do visit the Breakdown Assist website
How much does a Breakdown Cover policy from Breakdown Assist cost?
|Level of cover||From Price|
|Full Breakdown Cover||£27.99|
|European Breakdown Cover||£87.50|
– Local Cover: From £15.95
– National Cover: From £19.49
– Full Breakdown Cover: From £27.99
– European Breakdown Cover: From £87.50
The above prices have been lifted from the Breakdown Assist site and are from prices as a means of illustration*. Click through to the Breakdown Assist website for a new and fresh quote
(*Price check on 7th Feb 2022)
Breakdown Assist’s customer ratings & feedback from Reviews.io
What are actual customers saying about Breakdown Assist? 97% of Breakdown Assist reviewers would recommend Breakdown Assist. Currently they have a 4.63 rating from 1,060 reviews left by real customers. Quick glimpse on the first page of the reivews has really positive comments from customers which is a really good sign.
As mentioned at the top of this review, Breakdown Assist do provide Breakdown Cover at a decent price. Key thing to remember lowest price shouldn’t be the key reason to switch. Breakdown Assist appear to be a great alternative to the likes go Green Flag, The AA and the RAC. Click on the following link if you are looking to compare car breakdown cover.
Are you an exisiting Breakdown Assist customer? If so would be great if you could leave us a review by clicking on the below button.
Submit your review
Good Breakdown provider at affordable prices